Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Class Poem: I Wish


I wish I could see my future.
I wish the school was made of blue, red, and orange gummy bears.
I wish I could swim in a sea of turquoise blue.
I wish I had the power of fire.
I wish I could climb a mountain that was 1,000,000,000,000,000 feet high.
I wish that the whole class was made out of chocolate cake.
I wish I could breath underwater.
I wish I was an eagle swooping down with the wind to get my prey.
I wish I could climb the Great Wall of China.
I wish I had a white silk dress that swirled like a snowstorm in St. Petersburg.
I wish that I was a wolf with gold eyes and grey and white fur.
I wish I could turn into a silvery fish and swim below the waves.
I wish I had one hundred books at my house.
I wish to be in Seattle among the blue and lime green. 
I wish that I was back in Pennsylvania where my heart is.

Thanks to Diana (poet and mother) for leading us in this writing activity!